This is what I use in the winter in place of a daily water spritz. A water based conditioning hair lotion works well. Use the herbal infused oil to seal in the moisture.
6 oz distilled water
1/2 oz Shea butter
1/2 oz cocoa butter
1/2 oz olive oil
1/2 oz avocado oil
1/2 oz jojoba
1/2 oz emulsifying wax (available for purchase online)
1/2 tsp Vitamin E
Few drops of Almond, Vanilla, Ylang Ylang or other extract or scented oil. Use as much or as little as you’d like. it all depends on how strongly scented you’d like your conditioning hair milk to be.
- Melt butters and emulsifying wax in a double boiler or in jar/bowl that was placed in pot of water on the stove. When melted completely for 20 minutes at 175 degrees, add oils and Vitamin E.
- In a separate container boil the 6 oz of distilled water. When both oils and water are about the same temperature, slowly add water to oils mixing with a stick blender.
- Blend ingredients together for 2 minutes, wait 5 minutes for mixture to cool slightly. Repeat sequence 3 times.
- Wait until cooled to the touch to add extract.
- Blend once more before placing in containers.
- Store mix in a cool place or refrigerate if necessary.
- Use within 1 month if you sit it out; within 2-1/2 months if refrigerated.
About the Author (Author Profile)Blogger, writer, relationships/dating expert, fitness trainer and natural hair enthusiast since 1997. Sharing information from grandmomma, books and scientific journals, as well as my personal discoveries and experiences with natural hair as we journey from relaxers, flat irons and weaves together.
Comments from Facebook