Black women spend millions of dollars annually on hair styling, products, and treatment regimes. Since our hair tends to be naturally dry, protecting hair from heat damage and moisture loss to promote growth is a key goal for most women.
Dry hair treatments can be expensive, whether at the salon or out of a bottle at home, and often they include chemical ingredients that might be harmful in the long-term. Though it may be a bit more time-consuming, why not try making your own dry hair treatments at home from all-natural oils and ingredients?
Add a healthy shine and moisturize your hair at the same time with these inexpensive and scalp-friendly remedies. The best part is the ingredients can be found right at your local supermarket or health food store.
- Five Oil Dry Hair Serum – Mix 2 tbsp of avocado oil with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1 tsp of jojoba oil and 1 tbsp of almond oil in a bowl. Pour it into a tiny bottle, shake it and apply to wet hair.
- Castor Oil Dry Hair Serum – Apply a few drops of castor to your fingers and massage into hair to tame frizzy pieces and condition.
- Coconut Oil and Rose Oil Dry Hair Serum – Enjoy the revitalizing effect of this organic hair serum. In a bowl mix 4 oz of coconut oil with 8 drops of rose oil. Pour the lotion into a container and shake the bottle before use. Apply a few drops of the natural serum on your wet hair and allow hair to dry. Repeat this treatment once a day for 2 weeks in a row to see the dazzling results. Try adding distilled water to the mixture and using it as a daily spritz for your dry natural hair.
- Grapeseed Oil and Lavender Dry Hair Serum – Mix 4 ounces of grapeseed oil with 7 drops of lavender oil. You can also cut open a vitamin E caplet and add to the mix. Pour it into a container and use it when your hair needs a boost.
- Jojoba Oil and Peppermint Dry Hair Serum – This is a great one for heat-damaged hair. Mix 4 ounces of jojoba oil with 6 drops of peppermint oil. Pour into a small bottle and shake. Massage a few drops into damp hair.
- Coconut Oil Dry Hair Serum – In a bowl mix 4 ounces of coconut oil with 8 drops of rose oil. Pour into a container and shake the bottle. Apply a few drops to wet hair and let hair dry naturally. Repeat the treatment once a day for two weeks.
About the Author (Author Profile)Blogger, writer, relationships/dating expert, fitness trainer and natural hair enthusiast since 1997. Sharing information from grandmomma, books and scientific journals, as well as my personal discoveries and experiences with natural hair as we journey from relaxers, flat irons and weaves together.
Comments from Facebook