If you’ve been a part of the natural hair wave, you’ve no doubt heard of something called “Kimmymaytube Leave in Conditioner Recipe.” It’s very popular and there are dozens of naturalistas over on You Tube with their own variation of the original recipe. Of course I have to include a version I created using flax seed gel.
Well what do you do when your hair is feeling dry and don’t have any flax seed gel and you are too lazy to make some. You get creative!
So here is yet another version of a leave-in conditioner that leaves your hair feeling soft, full of body, and moisturized.
Leave In Conditioner Ingredients
- 3 heaping Tablespoons Kinky-Curly Brand “Knot Today” or Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner
- 2 Tablespoons Aloe Vera juice
- 2 Tablespoons Rosewater
- 2 teaspoons grapeseed oil*
- 1 teaspoon Moroccan Argan oil
Blend all ingredients together, distributing most of product through hair. Make sure you coat shaft of hair and smooth through to ends. Twist or braid hair as usual. Dab extra conditioner on ends of twists or braids.
This recipe makes enough for one application on medium-length rather thick hair.
I usually buy my Knot Today at Target, though I’ve heard that Walmart has started selling it as well. Rosewater is available at any health food or Indian market as well as on Amazon.
* If your hair prefers heavier oils, use olive, jojoba or castor oil instead of grapeseed oil which is very light.
The Benefits of Aloe Vera, Argan Oil, Grapeseed Oil and Rosewater
- Benefits of Moroccan Argan Oil: Argan oil is prized as a natural sunscreen, heat shield and hair repair treatment all in one bottle. Experts say that Argan oil is one of the top oils to use in natural hair. Argan oil will improve the elasticity of your dry, brittle hair, help reduce frizziness, make course wiry hair softer, and repair damage to hair of those transitioning from relaxers. By nourishing hair Argan oil helps repair damaged hair and reduces breakage, thereby aiding hair growth.
- Benefits of Aloe Vera for Natural Hair Care: Aloe Vera is extremely moisturizing and possesses many wonderful healing properties. It promotes hair growth, helps restore normal pH level to skin and hair, which restores softness.
- Benefits of Grapeseed Oil in Hair Care: This odorless, non greasy oil is widely-known as a natural sunscreen for hair but can be used as a carrier oil for DIY hair products, or applied alone as a hair/scalp treatment. Grapeseed oil helps restore scalp’s natural balance and is an ideal anti-dandruff treatment for those with nut allergies that cannot tolerate coconut oil. It’s also a fantastic hair repair and strengthening due to high levels of vitamin E and linoleic acid.
- Benefits of Rosewater for Dry Hair: Rosewater is believed to have conditioning and moisturizing properties. Regular application of rose water benefits scalp and hair. Rose water helps to reduce inflammation, increases blood supply in the scalp and thereby promotes hair growth.
About the Author (Author Profile)Blogger, writer, relationships/dating expert, fitness trainer and natural hair enthusiast since 1997. Sharing information from grandmomma, books and scientific journals, as well as my personal discoveries and experiences with natural hair as we journey from relaxers, flat irons and weaves together.
Comments from Facebook