Argan oil, dubbed as Miracle oil or Liquid Gold, extracted from kernels of Argan fruit by crushing, is swiftly taking the place of other natural oils for hair protection and treatment. It is in huge demand because of extensive marketing but in somewhat limited supply. Argan oil has many beneficial uses for treatment of dry hair and skin protection.
Argan Oil to Treat and Protect Natural Hair
Due to Argan oil’s benefits for healthy hair, it is often called liquid gold by beauty experts. Argan oil gives new life to dry, tangled and frizzy natural hair. It has properties similar to those of Jojoba Oil, however it has surpassed Jojoba oil in fame for hair treatment because of the excellent results achieved.
- Argan oil hydrates the hair in a natural way, making hair softer and reducing roughness.
- Argan oil penetrates into the hair shaft and enhances the elasticity of hair which helps prevent breakage.
- Argan oil has been proven to be very nourishing to the scalp, enhancing hair growth.
- Argan oil is excellent for uncontrollable and unmanageable hair. It restores the smoothness of hair and makes hair manageable again.
- Natural antioxidants present in Argan oil strengthen the hair by repairing damage. The Vitamin E in Argan oil makes it a tremendous agent for hair treatment. Many external and internal agents like heat, over styling and oxidization damage the hair. Vitamin E present in Argan oil is very useful in restoring the natural hair and renewing and repairing the damage caused by heat, chemicals or other destructive agents.
- Researchers believe that non-greasy Argan oil locks moisture in and adds to and restores lustre and shine to dry natural hair.
- Argan oil eliminates brittleness in dyed hair, and also increases the life of color treated hair, surpassing Jojoba oil in effectiveness.
- Argan oil has been touted as the best oil to restore damaged, dry and weak hair suffering from from environmental stresses, excessive handling, certain styling practices and relaxers/perms.
- Unsaturated fatty acids like Omega 3 and Omega 9 in Argan oil are a rich source of essential nutritional components for hair shafts and roots. These unsaturated fatty acids strengthen the protein bonding structures in dry natural hair, thereby improving the strength of hair and healing split ends.
Argan Oil – How to Apply to Natural Hair
Argan oil can be applied either before or after taking a bath. Before taking bath pour some oil on the head and spread it across the hair so that it becomes applied from tips to roots of hair.
After that gently massage and rub the oil on your scalp. Use your fingertips and gently massage for 10 minutes, evenly distributing the oil. Wrap your head head in a hot towel for at least 30 minutes before washing the hair. Then, thoroughly wash your hair.
Argan oil can also be applied in place of styling gels for twist outs and braid outs, or for wash and go’s. For Hair Type 3’s, a few drops of Argan oil dropped on brush or comb while brushing the hair, gives the hair freshness, brilliance and lustre. For Type 4’s, a few drops of Argan oil on the palm then distributed along the hair shaft, concentrating on the ends of the hair, will be highly beneficial.
About the Author (Author Profile)Blogger, writer, relationships/dating expert, fitness trainer and natural hair enthusiast since 1997. Sharing information from grandmomma, books and scientific journals, as well as my personal discoveries and experiences with natural hair as we journey from relaxers, flat irons and weaves together.
Comments from Facebook